Cagayan de Oro City 2nd District Representative Rufus B. Rodriguez last week attended the budget hearing of the Department of Tourism (DOT) headed by Secretary Maria Esperanza Frasco and secured assurance for the inclusion of five (5) road projects in the city in the agency’s Tourism Road Infrastructure Program (TRIP) budget for 2023.
These are as follows:
1. Road leading to Our Lady of Guadalupe Shrine in Brgy. Balubal estimated at Php 80 million
2. Road leading to FS Catanico Falls in Brgy. FS Catanico estimated at Php 30 million
3. Construction of Access Road leading to Bigaan Falls in Brgy. Indahag estimated at Php 20 million
4. Road leading to Manlumot Falls in Brgy. Tablon estimated at Php 30 million
5. Road leading to Amaya View in Brgy. Indahag estimated at Php 80 million
According to Rep. Rodriguez, the said projects have been endorsed by DOT Regional Director Mae Salvana-Unchuan.
Further, Rep. Rodriguez also asked the DOT’s support for funding of the proposed development of the Heritage Trail for Cagayan de Oro as well as for Misamis Oriental and Camiguin. The project aims to develop Spanish historical ruins into tourism destinations to attract domestic and foreign tourists.
Watch the proceeding below. Rep. Rufus’ questions are near the end at 4:39.48