The PROPOSED GUSA FLYOVER and the KALAMBAGOHAN-VAMENTA BRIDGE are among nine (9) big ticket infrastructure projects that will be implemented in the city’s 2nd District. Cagayan de Oro 2nd District Rep. Rufus B. Rodriguez made this revelation after attending the Big Ticket Projects Presentation of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Regional Office for the 2nd Legislative District of the city. Accordingly, most of the projects are in various stages of construction with some already on-going for 5 years now.
Previous info of the Gusa Flyover revealed it will start at Corrales Avenue and end at Bigaan Bridge for a total length of 4.5 kilometers. Motorists using the flyover will bypass major junctions from Corrales, Osmena, Limketkai, Agora and Coastal Road as proposed. However, some recent proposals indicate it will just hurdle the Coastal Road-Galaxy Junction. We may soon find out the final plan.
Below are the big ticket projects for the 2nd District of the city:
- Construction of Gusa Flyover along BCIR, Cagayan de Oro City – To solve the huge traffic at the traffic light at the Butuan-Cagayan-Iligan (BCIR), our only highway, and Galaxy St., Gusa
- Eastern Interior Bypass Road (Gusa-Puerto/Jct. Sayre Highway) – J.R. Borja Extension at Brgy. Gusa is further extended, passing through the hills of CdeO, at Gusa, Cugman, at the back of Nestle in Tablon, at Agusan and ends at Sayre Highway (near Gaisano) at Brgy. Puerto to solve the traffic problem of the BCIR
- Construction of Puerto-Claveria Bypass Road – Butuan City – Cagayan de Oro City- Iligan City Road – From Puerto to Claveria, Mis. Or., bypassing the Butuan-Cagayan de Oro-Iligan Road (BCIR) at Bugo, Tagoloan, and Villanueva, Mis. Or. to evade traffic going to Gingoog City and Butuan City
- CDO-New Eastern Diversion Road (Jct. South Diversion Road/Mandumol-Nazareth-Camaman-an-Justo Ramonal-Jct. J.R. Borja-LKKS-BCIR/Lapasan) – From Mandumol in front of Alegria Subdivision and ending at J.R. Borja Extension to ease up the traffic in the highway from Camaman-an to Indahag
- Cagayan de Oro Diversion Road (Jct. Balubal-Sayre Highway-Pueblo de Oro), CDO Old Airport Road Diversion Road (Pueblo de Oro/Jct. CDO Old Airport Road) – Connecting Sayre Highway at Brgy. Balubal, passing through the mountains of Agusan, Palalan, Tablon, F.S. Catanico, Cugman and Indahag to Pueblo de Oro in Brgy. Carmen going to Opol, El Salvador, Alubijid, then to Laguindingan airport, to have an alternate highway aside from the BCIR going to Laguindingan airport
- Cagayan de Oro Coastal Road (Punta-Macabalan Section) – Connecting PPA from Brgy. Puntod, Brgy. Macabalan to the Macabalan-Bonbon Bridge
- Cagayan de Oro Coastal Road (Puerto-Gusa Section) – Connecting the CDO Coastal Road from Galaxy St. Gusa to Cugman, Tablon, Agusan, Macajalar Bay (reclamation) and ending in Brgy. Puerto
- Kalambagohan St- Vamenta St Bridge – A new bridge between the J.R. Borja Bridge and the Marcos Bridge, to ease the heavy traffic in these two bridges, passing beside Liceo de Cagayan University going to Patag, then Bulua highway
- Bitan-ag River booster and water pumps – To pump the water of Bitan-ag Creek into the Macajalar Bay to solve the problem of flooding at Limketkai and USTP areas
Below are photos during the presentation.
photos by Rufus B Rodriguez