Jireh Edrote and Reggie Lobitana finished 1-2 in the 1st CU KALIGA 1000-KM TEAM ENDURANCE RIDE CHALLENGE which started at Da Grove at Route 955 in Gingoog City and travelling across several cities and provinces in three Mindanao Regions held February 4-5, 2022. The event drew at least14 rider teams from all over Mindanao.
Below are the Top 6 finishers (images by PintikniNavi). Both Edrote and Lobitana finished the 1,000-kilometer route in 12 hours and 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, Street Monkeyz became the Top Team Finisher with all 4 members finishing.
From Da Grove at Route 955 in Gingoog City, the group travelled south via Cagayan de Oro and Route 945 and then towards San Fernando, Bukidnon then crossing Davao Region and going north via Bislig and Tandag in Surigao del Sur and then towards Butuan City and finally back at the starting point. Along the way, there are official checkpoints and photoops stop-over as follows:
- Da Grove, Baluarte 955, Gingoog City, PH – STARTING POINT
- Rodelsa Circle, CDO
- Route 945 -Lantapan Basac Intersection
- MB Brewers Cafe and Restaurant CHECKPOINT Nr1
- Welcome San Fernando Bukidnon
- Uraya’s Peak View (Anywhere showcasing mountain ridge view of Uraya)
- Payag sa Tuboran, Mawab, Davao De Oro
- Bislig City Landmark, Bislig City
- Tandag City Landmark, tandag City
- Highway Noventa (Anywhere in mining site view)
- Kan-anan ni Papa Daday (Butuan Diversion Road) – CHECKPOINT Nr2
- Gingoog City Hall
- Da Grove, Baluarte 955, Gingoog City, PH – FINISHING POINT
As of February 6, 2022, there are still rider teams arriving at Da Grove. The cut-off time was set at 30 hours.
Watch some highlights below courtesy of Arch Clincher Sajot Apugan.
with images by Kaliga Team Endurance Challenge, Gingoog City Info Office