Due to public clamor, the Cagayan de Oro City Council during its regular session presided over by Vice Mayor Raineir Joaquin V. Uy has adopted a resolution requesting City Mayor Oscar Moreno and the Cagayan de Oro City COVID-19 Task Force to partially open all memorial parks in the city subject to the guidelines set by the City Local Environment and Natural Resources Office (CLENRO).
Below are the approved guidelines for the partial opening of memorial parks as per CLENRO’s advisory:
- Visitors must strictly observe minimum public health standards at the cemetery
- Only five persons are allowed to enter per grave
- Visits are limited to maximum of 30 minutes only
- Visitors must coordinate with memorial parks
- No food and beverages are allowed in cemeteries
- For burials, only 10 persons, composed of immediate family members shall be allowed
It may be recalled that Councilor Edgar S. Cabanlas aired the complaints of the public regarding the prohibition of visiting dead relatives at cemeteries.
The advisory of CLENRO is pursuant to Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) omnibus guidelines on the implementation of community quarantine in the country as of August 19, 2021.
The resolution was reviewed and endorsed by the committees on health and health insurance and on public order and safety chaired by Councilors Maria Lourdes S. Gaane and Romeo V. Calizo, respectively.
info/text from CdeO City Council