Cagayan de Oro City is now ranked 493, jumping 87 spots since 2020 in the latest global startup ecosystem rankings by StartupBlink, a global startup ecosystem map and research center. The said report also ranks the city at number 3 in the Philippines and 14th in South East Asia.
The report also states that the city is an ideal place to locate for Education, Health and Foodtech startups. As the most popular industries in Cagayan de Oro, there is a sample of 3 Education startups in Cagayan de Oro, 2 Health startups in Cagayan de Oro, and 2 Foodtech startups in Cagayan de Oro, on the StartupBlink Map.
The report listed seventeen (17) startups in the area and ranked them as follows:
- Wela School System (Cagayan de Oro) – platform that lessens the burden of teachers doing academic reports giving them more time for their family and to focus more on teaching
- Brooky (Cagayan de Oro) – intelligent real estate assistant that combines artificial intelligence with inventiry management
- Community Wireless and Power (Cagayan de Oro) – assists technopreneurs, cooperatives, LGU, and the government to accomplish sustainability by introducing a very innovative and cost-effective means to improve Energy and Internet Infrastructure as a Service
- Dirt Bag PH (Cagayan de Oro) – revolutionizing the laundry industry in the Philippines by powering its services with technology and logistics – providing convenience and access to its customers while helping laundry business owners maximize their market potential
- Greenergy Solar Ph (Cagayan de Oro) – the first commercial solar service provider based in the Philippines’ southern island of Mindanao
- Infinitecare Technology Solutions (Cagayan de Oro) – a premier Systems Integrator in the Philippines focusing on a customized End-to-End IT and Automation Solutions that addresses business needs
- E and Co Solutions (Cagayan de Oro) – brings on virtual assistants(VAs) to help drive company’s growth to smarter approaches to SEO and social media marketing initiatives
- MAN Pharma (Cagayan de Oro) – brings global advancements in Diabetes Care, Veterinary Care, Life Sciences, and Critical Care within the grasp of local medical institutions
- Ofoodie (Cagayan de Oro) – recreates dining experience in two different ways: Direct to Restaurant and In-Mall Concierge
- Learn at Fligno (Cagayan de Oro) – seeks to help people see their full potential and utilizing their skills to make Northern Mindanao progressive. Part of this empowerment is making learners realize that when the region grows, they grow with it because they contributed to its growth
- Veg E-Fish (Cagayan de Oro) – manufacturing and selling easy-to-assemble and affordable aquaponics kits
- Pic-A-Talk (Cagayan de Oro) – a picture exchange communication system in a mobile application consisting of images of words that are easily identifiable by any user. It helps children with communication disabilities express themselves and connect with the people around them
- Hyperstacks Inc. (Cagayan de Oro) – a mobile-based loan origination software that has an offline-first approach
- Bai ph (Cagayan de Oro) – a startup tech company focused on developing business apps using Frappe framework
- Yes Tech (Cagayan de Oro) – learning platform created for educators and students from Pre-k to Phd
- Trabahero (Cagayan de Oro) – the Philippines’ first booking platform to connect blue collar workers direct to household customers
- Streetby (Cagayan de Oro) – a lifestyle platform that allows merchants and consumers to access a marketplace in one mobile app
The Global Startup Ecosystem Index by StartupBlink has been updated annually since 2017 and is the world’s most comprehensive startup ecosystem ranking of 1,000 cities and 100 countries. It is built using hundreds of thousands of data points processed by an algorithm which takes into account several dozens of parameters.
Meanwhile, Manila increased 1 spot to 87th globally, and now ranks among the 20 best startup ecosystems in the AsiaPacific region. Manila also ranks in the top 50 global ecosystems for Education Technology. The 2nd highest ranked city in the Philippines, Cebu, was the only ranked city in the Philippines that decreased in 2021, dropping 16 spots to 268th globally. The country now has a total of 5 cities in the rankings after the addition of Davao City at 786th and Baguio at 944th.
View the full report HERE.
Read our post last year’s StartupBlink rankings below.