Nine (9) Kagayanons are now at the Philippine Military Academy (PMA) as fourth class cadets or “plebes” after passing the entrance exam as well as the medical requirements set by the PMA. This was revealed by Deputy Speaker and Cagayan de Oro 2nd Dist. Rep. Rufus B. Rodriguez who had earlier signed and submitted to the PMA his Certificates of Nomination for the cadets recommending their acceptance at PMA, one of the requirements for admission.
The PMA Class 2025 Cagayan de Oro Cadets are:
- Amper, Pauline Jhun C. – Brgy. Puntod, Cagayan de Oro City
- Real, John Robert B. – Brgy. Gusa, Cagayan de Oro City
- Kahal, Edbon John D. – Brgy. Macasandig, Cagayan de Oro City
- Verzosa, Elaiza Jean G. – Brgy. Bugo, Cagayan de Oro City
- Omapas, Karl Demetri R. – Brgy. Balulang, Cagayan de Oro
- Caniedo, Mel Evan Y. – Brgy. Bulua, Cagayan de Oro City
- Namocatcat, Jehue M. – Brgy. Bayanga, Cagayan de Oro City
- Dela Cruz, Robert Janoa A. – Brgy. Patag, Cagayan de Oro
- Ranan, Cris John – Cagayan de Oro City
Deputy Speaker Rodriguez stated he has sent financial assistance to the 9 cadets to help them in their expenses and pledged to give a yearly support to them until they finish in 4 years. In his message to the 9 cadets, DS Rodriguez also asked them to behave well and study hard at PMA so that they will graduate with flying colors and make their parents and CDO proud.