Cagayan de Oro Archbishop Jose A. Cabantan, DD has issued a letter “moto proprio” ordering the closure of six (6) churches in the archdiocese for 10 consecutive days beginning April 28, 2021 until May 7, 2021 as a means to contain the spread of Covid-19. During the said period, the 6 parish churches will be disinfected.
The 6 parish churches ordered closed to religious activities and other related activities are as follows:
- Jesus Nazareno (Black Nazarene Shrine)
- San Isidro (Gusa)
- Our Lady of Candelaria (Tagoloan)
- Immaculada Concepcion (Jasaan)
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (Bobontugan, Jasaan)
- Santa Cruz (Laguindingan)
Read the full text of the letter below.