Eleven streets in Cagayan de Oro City will soon become national roads following the approval by the House committee on public works of several conversion bills authored by Deputy Speaker and 2nd District Rep. Rufus Rodriguez. Accordingly, the enactment of the said measures would allow the national government, through the Department of Public Works and Highways, to fund, improve and maintain the thoroughfares.
The 11 streets proposed to be converted to national roads are as follows:
- Osmeña Extension to CDO Port Road
- Gusa-CDO to JR Borja-Camaman-an-Indahag-Bukidnon Road
- A. Velez St to Macasandig-Indahag-Taguanao-CDO Road
- Bukidnon-CDO-Iligan-Agusan-Balubal-Sayre Highway
- Velez St to Macasandig-Indahag-Bukidnon Road
- Velez St to Carmen-CDO (Pelaez bridge) Road
- Bukidnon-CDO-Iligan Road (BCIR)-Cugman-FS Catanico Road
- BCIR-Corrales St.-North Divisoria Road
- Agora Road, Lapasan to CDO Port Road
- Velez St-JR Borja-Bukidnon-CDO-Iligan Road
- Abellanosa-Capistrano-Carmen-Patag Road
Read the full texts of the bills below.
screenshot images from congress.gov.ph
Read press statement below.