Cagayan de Oro’s Marianne Anallie Beja Tongco and Manolo Fortich-born Jo Nathalie Razalo, both from Adamson University lead six (6) players from Northern Mindanao who are part of the 177 hopefuls for the first ever draft for the Women’s National Basketball League (WNBL), the first women’s professional basketball league in the country.
Tongco is the sister of Marizze Andrea Tongco of National University who was a member of Perlas Pilipinas women’s national basketball team. They’re shown below guardign each other in the UAAP.
See the list of draft applicants (alphabetical order) from Northern Mindanao below.
- Marites Gadian – Adamson University from Misamis Oriental
- Myreq Faith Legaspino – Iligan Institute of Technology
- Jo Nathalie Razalo – Adamson University from Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon
- Marianne Tongco – Adamson University from Cagayan de Oro City
- Irene Torregosa – De La Salle University Dasmarinas from Bukidnon
- Janeth Yanez – Adamson University from Misamis Oriental
The draft combine is currently ongoing at Victoria Sports Condominium EDSA.
Browse some photos below.
Photos courtesy of Marianne Tongco, Kuys.MJhoe and Jo Razalo.
Watch the announcement below.