Cagayan de Oro City has entered the 2020 global startup ecosystem rankings by StartupBlink, a global startup ecosystem map and research center. The city is a new entry on the list ranking #580 and only the 3rd Philippine entrant after Manila (Rank #88) and Cebu (Rank #252). As a country, the Philippines ranked 53rd globally.
The StartupBlink 2020 Global Rankings Report is built on an algorithm developed over the last five years, resulting in the world’s most comprehensive startup ecosystem ranking of 1,000 cities and 100 countries.
The results are composed from a variety of sources and its algorithm takes into account a geographic crowdsourced database of tens of thousands of startups, accelerators, and coworking spaces, among other entities.
The report also listed nine (9) startups in the area and ranked them as follows:
- Yes Tech (Cagayan de Oro) – learning platform created for educators and students from Pre-k to Phd
- Streetby (Cagayan de Oro) – a lifestyle platform that allows merchants and consumers to access a marketplace in one mobile app
- Wela School System (Cagayan de Oro) – platform that lessens the burden of teachers doing academic reports giving them more time for their family and to focus more on teaching
- Brooky (Cagayan de Oro) – intelligent real estate assistant that combines artificial intelligence with inventiry management
- Hyperstacks Inc. (Cagayan de Oro) – a mobile-based loan origination software that has an offline-first approach
- Bai ph (Cagayan de Oro) – a startup tech company focused on developing business apps using Frappe framework
- Trabahero (Cagayan de Oro) – the Philippines’ first booking platform to connect blue collar workers direct to household customers
- Wrupup (Iligan) – a locally-based job market platform exclusively for local freelancers and clients to find the right people who are right for the job
- IntelMutya Consortium, Inc. (Initao, Misamis Oriental) – financial technology research and consulting
View the full report HERE.