Six (6) major infrastructure projects in Cagayan de Oro worth P2.5 billion were allocated in the 2021 budget of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) as presented by Secretary Mark Villar during to the House Committee on Appropriation.
As per CDO 2nd Dist. Rep. Rufus Rodriguez, the following impact/significant projects for 2021 were included in DPWH’s budget next year:
- The extension of the CDO Coastal By Pass Road (from Puerto to Gusa – P330M
- The Lighting of the CDO Coastal By Pass Road along Bgys Puntod, Lapasan and Gusa – P50M
- The Eastern Interior By Pass Road ( Further extending J.R. Borja Extension from Galaxy St., Gusa to Puerto passing thru the hills of 2nd District, CDO in Gusa, Cugman, Tablon (at the back of Nestle factory), Agusan and Puerto) – P594M
- CDO Diversion Road (from Sayre Highway, Balubal to Indahag, then proceeding to Laguindingan International Airport, passing thru the mountains of Balubal, Agusan, Palalan, Tablon, Cugman and Indahag -P300.5M
- New Eastern Diversion Road (From Mandumol, Indahag to Camamanan, then Nazareth and ending in J.R. Borja Extension – P80M
- Western Diversion Road (Macabalan Section, from Puntod to Macabalan to the Macabalan-Bonbon Bridge – P371M
Except for the Coastal Road Extension and Lighting Facilities, the rest are ongoing projects. Photo below shows the ongoing New Eastern Diversion Road (Macasandig Section)
Meanwhile, the rest of the P2.5 billion budget will go to the construction of cement dikes in the 5 rivers of 2nd District, CDO; the cementing of of barangay roads; the construction multi purpose buildings in the barangays and the drainage system from Camaman-an to Agora, and the drainage in our national highway.