The Municipality of Libertad in Misamis Oriental has just passed an ordinance prohibiting any person to display or roam around in public places and/or outside his private residence naked, topless or half-naked.
However, there are exemptions to the rule which include the following:
- Activities or events with special permit issued by the Municipal government/ implementing agencies;
- In cases of medical emergencies
- Indigenous people wearing ethnic clothes;
- Public swimming pools, beaches and rivers;
- Persons who are engaged in sports and sports activities;
- Persons in the conduct of their occupation (e.g. fishing, tuba gatherer, etc.)
Penalties for violators are as follows:
- 1st Offense – a fine of P 500.00 pesos or 6 hours community service
- 2nd Offense – a fine of P 1,000.00 pesos or 8 hours community service
- 3rd and Subsequent Offense – a fine of P 1,500.00 pesos or six (6) months imprisonment or both fine and imprisonment at the discretion of the court.