Cagayan de Oro City Police successfully arrested six (6) members of the Imang Group, a notorious all female pickpocket group operating in malls and crowded places in the city. All 6 suspects were arrested inside Ororama Superstore at around 3:00PM, today, September 22, 2020 after a victim reported to police.
As stated in a press release, elements of Police Station 2 in Cogon responded to the complaint of a victim who reported having lost her iPhone7 worth Php50,000 while window shopping inside Ororama Supercenter at around 1:00PM. The immediate response resulted to the arrest of the 6 suspects as follows:
- Catherine E. Oval, 40, single, of San Juan 2, Lapasan, CDO
- Ninta C. Gomez, 65, widow, of San Juan 2, Lapasan, CdO
- Mia E. Buenaventura, 52, widow, of Bontong, Camaman-an, Cdo
- Mary Jane O. Abacahan, 37, single, of Lapaz Uno, Lapasan, Cdo
- Juliet S. Lapore, 57, widow, of San Juan 2, Lapasan, Cdo
- Manuela R. Palayo, 58, single, San Juan 2, Lapasan, Cdo
all photos by COCPO PS2
Recovered from the suspects was the cellphone of the victim as well as other assorted cellular phones believed to be taken from various victims. One of the suspects, Mia Buenventura has a pending Arrest Warrant for Theft with a bail bond recommended of Php10,000.00. Meanwhile, City Director PCol. Henry Dampal is calling all the victims to visit Cogon Police Station where the suspects are detained for possible identification of the suspects and file appropriate case against them.
Watch police interview below courtesy of iFM CDO.