Five (5) new local cases including one vegetable vendor at Cogon Market were recorded in Cagayan de Oro City as of 10:00pm, August 28, 2020. This was revealed by City Epidemiologist Dr. Joselito Retuya in today’s virtual press briefing at City Hall.
Below are details of the latest cases.
- CASE #277: 30-year old male from Brgy Macabalan; LOCAL CASE – APOR; works at a big private company; swab test taken August 24; asymptomatic; 5 household close contacts
- CASE #278: 22-year old male from Brgy Puntod; LOCAL CASE – APOR; works at a big private company; swab test taken August 24; had fever August 26; 3 household contacts; other household (in-law) still to be verified
- CASE #279: 34-year old female from Brgy Gusa; LOCAL CASE – APOR; works at govt institution at CDO Port; has symptoms since August 21; swab test taken August 27; 4 household contacts; 15 workplace contacts to be verified
- CASE #280: 56-year old female from gated community in Brgy Bulua; LOCAL CASE; had history of travel to Marawi City; returned to CDO August 23 via land travel; developed symptoms last August 24 -cdifficulty in breathing, known asthmatic; referred to NMMC August 27; swab test taken August 27; 2 close family contacts
- CASE #281: 60-year old female from Macanhan, Carmen; LOCAL CASE – vegetable vendor at Cogon Market; showed symptoms last August 24 – difficulty in breathing; admitted at a private hospital and diagnised with acute coronary symdrome and pneumonia; swab test taken August 26; admitted at NMMC; 6 household direct contacts; further contact tracing underway
As of this morning, the city now has 281 cumulative cases, 92 of which are active and with 180 recoveries.
In a related development, Cogon Market was disinfected today.