Beginning tomorrow, August 19, 2020, motorcycle barriers will no longer be required for riders living in the same household in areas under general community quarantine (GCQ). This was announced by Joint Task Force COVID Shield commander Police Lt. Gen. Guillermo Eleazar.
Read some of the latest protocols below.
- For riders living in the same house: no need for motorcycle barrier.
- For riders not living in the same house: must have Angkas designed barrier.
- The backrider must be an APOR.
- The driver may or may not be an APOR.
- Motorcycle must be privately owned and not for hire.
- Both riders should have face masks and full-face helmets that must be worn all the time while back riding.
- Local Chief Executives (LCE) have the discretion to adapt and/or implement the above guidelines according to the needs of their local situation.