Looking for college scholarship? The Department of Science and Technology – Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI) is now accepting online applications for its 2021 S&T Undergraduate Scholarship Program.
You can apply online HERE.
Qualifications are as follows:
- natural-born Filipino citizen;
- poor, talented and deserving student who belongs to a family whose socio-economic status does not exceed the set values of certain indicators;
- a. member of the top five percent (5%) of the Non-STEM strand senior high school graduating class; or b. member of the STEM strand senior high school graduating class;
- resident of the municipality as attested by the barangay;
- of good moral character and in good health;
- do not have any post-secondary or undergraduate units;
- a. Have not taken any previous DOST-SEI examination; or b. Have taken the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Examination but did not qualify for the scholarship; or c. Qualifier of the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship but did not avail of the award;
- qualifier of the S&T Scholarship Examination
Requirements are as follows:
- Personal Information (Form A)
- Household Information Questionnaire (Form B)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character (Form C)
- Certificate of Good Health (Form D)
- Principal’s Certification (Form E1 or E2) – Form E1- applicant belongs to the senior high school STEM strand class or Form E2-applicant belongs to the upper 5% of the NON-STEM strand senior high school graduating class
- Certificate of Residency (Form F)
- Parent’s Certification(Form G)
- Applicant’s Certification (Form H)
- Signed Declaration by applicant and the Parent/Legal Guardian (Form I)
- Recent (1”x1”) picture
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate
- Parent/s 2019 Income Tax Return / W2 / Employment Contract for OFW / BIR Cert. of Exemption from Filing of ITR / Brgy. Cert. of Indigency
Scholars under the program will receive a monthly PHP 7,000 stipend, tuition subsidy (up to ₱40,000 per academic year, for those enrolled in private universities and colleges), book and MS/PE clothing allowance (one-time), an annual economy-class round trip (for those studying outside of their home province), outright thesis allowance, and group accident insurance.
Qualifiers must pursue a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree program in any of the priority fields of study. They must enroll at a state university, state college, or any private higher education institution recognized by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) as a Center of Excellence or Center of Development, or with FAAP Level III accreditation for the BS program they intend to enroll in.
Prepare you documents now and be a DOST-SEI Scholar. Deadline of submission is on August 28, 2020. Qualifying exams are scheduled on October 25, 2020.