Here’s another aerial photo of then the town of Cagayan (now Cagayan de Oro) taken on October 11, 1944 sourced from the Monash University Collections Online. Several structures of the town proper were labeled either as damaged or destroyed during the war.
Below are closer shots.
Interestingly, below are the labeled structures with reference today.
- RC Church – Saint Augustine Cathedral
- Bishop’s Palace – Archbishop’s Palace
- Court House + Jail – non-existent today (now part of Archbishop’s Palace compound)
- Concrete Water Tower – City Museum
- Municipal Building and Plaza – Amphitheater site
- Post Office – back of Amphitheater site
- Gov’t School – City Central School
- RC High School ‘Anteno’ – Xavier University (Ateneo)
Not labeled in the image is MOGCHS.
Read previous post below.