Devotees will have to spend their penitence at home this Holy Week as major religious pilgrimage sites in Cagayan de Oro City and in Misamis Oriental are ordered closed amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Among the sites and activities which used to draw thousands of devotees during the Holy Week that are ordered closed or cancelled are as follows:
- Malasag in Barangay Cugman, Cagayan de Oro City
- Lady of Guadalupe Shrine in Tablon-Balubal, Cagayan de Oro City
- Divine Mercy Shrine in El Salvador City
- Birhen sa Moog in Laguindingan, Misamis Oriental
- Sipaka Heights in Talisayan, Misamis Oriental
- Immaculate Conception Statue in Laguindingan, Misamis Oriental
- Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine in Binuangan, Misamis Oriental
- Hinuklog Street Play in Medina, Misamis Oriental
- Christ the King Shrine in Samay, Gingoog City
The closure of the said religious sites was made to comply with social distancing guidelines.