The first batch of WHO-recommended handrub formulation prepared by the local chapters of the Integrated Chemists of the Philippines (ICP) has been delivered to the Northern Mindanao Medical Center (NMMC) in Cagayan de Oro City.
Handrubs are widely used for hand hygiene in the health care industry. With the COVID-19 pandemic, handrub supply is vital.
Mark Balanay who led the group personally thanked several companies and groups for the cause:
- Philippine Sinter Corp. – use of laboratory facilities and supply of Ultrapure water
- Philippine Sinter Corp. Chemists and Chemical Technicians – for solution preparation
- Pilipinas Kao Inc. – for the supply of refined glycerol
- Xavier University High School Batch 2000
- Mikelaps Bikes
- Mr. Mark Caumban
- Ms. Bianca Diane Tero
- Mr. Benedict Jan Baloncio
- Philippine Sinter Corp. employees
- many other anonymous donors
If you wish to donate, just contact the numbers indicated below.