DENN ETHAN JOSH CASTRO of St. Mary’s School and JADON KEDRICK DOMO of City Central School won gold medals leading several students from Cagayan de Oro schools who won in the just concluded World International Mathematical Olympiad (WIMO) Final held in Tokyo, Japan from December 27 to 30, 2019.
The Philippine Delegation was led by Dr. Exquil Bryan P. Aron, Education Program Supervisor-Mathematics of DepED Iligan City.
Below is the full list of medalists from CDO schools:
- Denn Ethan Josh Castro – St. Mary’s School
- Jadon Kedrick Domo – City Central School
- Ethan Bryan See – Oro Christian Grace School
- Samantha Kaye Asuncion – St. Mary’s School
- Imran Jibril Panolong – Oro Christian Grace School
- Shadi Kent Al Hamoud – Corpus Christi School Macasandig Campus
- Zachary Kean Firaza – Corpus Christi School Macasandig Campus
- Rey Stephen Chua – Xavier University Junior High School
Overall, Team Philippines produced 1 world champion, 9 gold, 12 silver, 16 bronze and 3 merit awards.
with photo and info from Atty. Lanz