The Rotary Club of South Cagayan de Oro 3870 will host the 2019 Drum & Lyre Competition on November 10, 2019 at the Misamis Oriental Integrated Sports Complex (MOISC), formerly Pelaez Sports Center.
- The competition is open to all public and private elementary and secondary / high schools.
- Each competing unit / school / contingent should not be less than Seventy (70) members.
- Mechanical instruments, electronics or motor engines are not allowed. Ten (10) points will automatically be deducted from the total points of the team found violating this particular regulation.
- The Drum & Lyre Group and the Majorette Corps shall be judged as one competing unit. Seventy Percent (70%) of the aggregate score of the Drum & Lyre Group and Thirty Percent (30%) of the aggregate score of the Majorette Corps shall be the grand total points earned. The grand total points shall be the basis for the final ranking.
- All participating unit / school / contingent shall be allowed a minimum of Ten (10) minutes and a maximum time limit of Twelve (12) minutes to perform, which shall commence from the time the band major signals or whistles the start of the performance up to the time he signals the end of the performance by means of a whistle or a bow. Two (2) points shall automatically be deducted from the total score for every minute exceeding within the time limit.
- The theme of the competition will be “ROTARY CONNECTS THE WORLD”.
- Props will only be limited to logos of the Rotary Club of South Cagayan de Oro and Rotary Year Theme Logo.
- Decisions of the Board of Judges will be final, irrevocable, and incontestable.
Prizes are as follows:
Champion – P40,000
1st Runner-Up – P20,000
2nd Runner-Up – P10,000.00
Champion – P50,000
1st Runner-Up – P30,000
2nd Runner-Up – P20,000.00
Criteria for Judging:
DRUM & LYRE GROUP (70%)
30% – Master Piece (Precision of attacks and release, rhythm, and tempo)
20% – Total Quality (Clarity and harmony)
20% – Choreography (Technique, style, and interpretation)
15% – Integration of Rotary Theme and Theme of Competition
15% – General Impact (Smartness in uniform and discipline)
100% – Total
MAJORETTE CORPS (30%)
35% – Style and Interpretation
30% – Choreography (Formations)
25% – Baton Twirling
10% – General Impact
100% – Total
Best Band Major
Best Band Majorette
Best in Costume
Most Disciplined Group
Social Media Award
Social Media Award – Contestant / Participants are to submit a PHOTO of their BAND for posting in the Facebook Account of the Rotary Club of South Cagayan de Oro District 3870 link www.facebook.com/RotarySouthCDO3870 where the MOST NUMBER of PEOPLE REACHED based on the Facebook App by Saturday, 09 November 2019, 05:00PM will be declared the winner.
Interested schools and participants will have until October 12, 2019 to signify their intention to join. Download the REGISTRATION FORM HERE