Pueblo de Oro Golf and Country Club in Cagayan de Oro City will be hosting its first national golf tournament in Mindanao since 2015 with over 300 golfers including celebrity players like Richard Gomez, Lucy Torres, John Estrada, among others, set to join in the Golden Friendship Cup set on November 13-17, 2019.
In a press conference, Ms. Jennifer Chua, Tournament Chairman and Event Organizer who also owns Chris Coffee Cuisine said the Golden Friendship Cup does not offer only just golf but it also aims to help promote Cagayan de Oro tourism as a whole and boost its economy through the event.
The mission is to extend and expand the camaraderie of the golfers community in the name of good sportsmanship and goodwill while letting them feel the warmth and hospitality of Kagay-anons. Also, the tournament is envisioned to be annual event in where participants will eagerly look forward to like a “golfer’s day” where they will have a well-deserved indulging experience that they can get nowhere else but in the City of Golden Friendship, Cagayan de Oro.
The competition will be held at the par-72 Pueblo de Oro Golf & Country Club in Cagayan de Oro City, Province of Misamis Oriental. A first class city, also known for its monikers, the City of Golden Friendship not only offers river rafting and dragon boat for tourism but also boasts of this popular 18-hole golf course which has wide winding fairways that fans out from the clubhouse and is also a weather proof course that is bordered and lined by deep ravines. Pueblo De Oro Golf and Country Club is divided into two nine-hole golf courses. Players must watch out for the strategically placed yawning sand bunkers and the love grass that adds to the variety of challenges in the course. Players will surely enjoy the beauty and challenge offered by the 6,974 yard championship golf course.
TRANSPORTATION & ACCOMMODATION
Special rates from partner hotels and shuttle services for the participants’ accommodation and convenience are available.
The tournament is organized by Chris Coffee Cuisine, the City Government of Cagayan de Oro, City Tourism, Regional Tourism – 10, Pueblo de Oro Golf and Country Club, Pueblo de Oro Development Corporation, Great Depot Inc., JT International and Rotary Club of Kalayaan Cagayan de Oro, in cooperation with Lions International.
View some tournament details below.
- Team play – 4 to play 3 to counts Molave Points
- Classification A, B, C, and D
- Individual Play, Molave Points
- Classification A, B, C, and D
- Brand New Car
- Raffle Prizes
- P400,000 Total worth of Jewelry
- P100,000 Total worth of Time Pieces
- Golf Sunglasses
- Branded Golf Apparel
- Free Breakfast for the First 2 days.
- Welcome Cocktail Party on Thursday Night with Live Music.
- Free eat all you can “Barrio Fiesta Sugbahan sa Golf Course” at the Clubhouse garden on Day 3
- Live Entertainment Daily
- Awarding night with Live Band featuring Hale Band with vocalist Champ Lui Pio.
- Hourly Raffle for 2 days.
- More surprises await you at the fairways
- Free food at Tee Houses
- Complimentary juice, water, crackers available every 3 holes.
- Celebrity Players (among the expected celebrity players are Richard Gomez, Lucy Torres Gomez, John Estrada and more.)
- Stationed Spa services.
- Hotel special rates
- Giveaways (assorted golf apparel; ping & Sligo brand worth P4,000)
- more lots of surprises
Early Bird Registration
- Php 4,500 – August to September
- Php 5,500 – October
- Php 6,000 – November
- (including insurance and Mulligans)
Payments should be addressed to Chris Coffee Cuisine:
- Bank Name: Banco de Oro (BDO)
- Account Number: 000870406655
- Bank Name: Metro Bank
- Account Number: 048704851360
For inquiries and more information, just contact the following: 0917-633-4433, 0906-394-7509 or (088) 858-7436 or you can follow Golden Friendship Cup in Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/goldenfriendshipcup