The Regional Development Council-X (RDC-X), the highest planning and policy-making body of Region X (Northern Mindanao) has extended its deadline for the accreditation of private sector representatives for the term 2019-2022 to 19 July 2019.
Among the qualifications for private sector representatives are as follows:
- An applicant must be a Filipino citizen, of legal age, not disbarred by law to participate in government and the electoral processes; a resident of the region in the last three years; willing and able to participate in all RDC activities; and with a proven track record in socioeconomic development in the region.
- He/she must not hold any government position and must not receive any remuneration from the government while serving as PSR to the RDC and must be nominated by an accredited Private Sector Organization (PSO).
Meanwhile, the PSO, on the other hand, must meet the following requirements:
- not blacklisted by any government agency or instrumentality,
- registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or
- any government agency that registers organizations and associations for the purpose of bestowing legal personality.
- civic clubs, branches and affiliates of organizations with no SEC registration may submit a certification from their mother institution/head of office based elsewhere that they are a bona fide extension of their organization and that the PSO is authorized to represent the organization in the RDC.
- must also have an office address in Northern Mindanao.
- must have conducted socio-economic activities for at least three years from the date of registration in the region. Activities and area of influence must involve a city or municipal capital of provinces and such socio-economic development activities must have been implemented in close coordination with local government units or other PSOs.
- must also be managed by Filipinos.
- organizations with government officials and employees as ex-officio members of the Governing Board, or whose operations are funded by the government, are disqualified. However, financial support by the government to specific projects will not be considered as funding support to operations.
Application forms are available at the NEDA-X office or can be downloaded from the NEDA-X website nro10.neda.gov.ph.
For more information, you can contact Mr. Natagnon John D. Romano, RDC-X staff through telephone numbers (08822) 723436, (8822) 728072, (088) 8561920 local 204 or at mobile number 0915 231 6332