Tangub City in Misamis Occidental was officially declared drug-free on April 11, 2019, making it the first drug-cleared city in Northern Mindanao.
The declaration was made by the Regional Oversight Committee on Dangerous Drugs (ROCDD) 10, composed of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), Department of Health (DOH), Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG), and Philippine National Police (PNP) during the awarding ceremony held at the Sinanduloy Cultural Center in Tangub City.
Accordingly, out of the nine cities in the region, Tangub City earned the distinction as the first “drug-free city in Northern Mindanao after complying with all the requirements set forth by the Dangerous Drugs Board Resolution No. 03, Series of 2017, as follows:
1. Non-availability of drug supply;
2. Absence of drug den, pusher, user;
3. Absence of clandestine drug laboratory;
4. Active involvement of barangay officials in anti-drug activities;
5. Existence of drug awareness, preventive education and information; and
6. Existence of voluntary and compulsory drug treatment and rehabilitation processing desk.
More details and photos in the links below.