Do you know that there is a COLOR CODING for LABELING of PRICE TAGS for rice sold in the market? This was gathered during the recent launching of Suggested Retail Price (SRP) for Milled Rice last November 8, 2018 at Cogon Market in Cagayan de Oro City.
The launching was led by the National Food Authority (NFA) together with the Department of Trade and Industry, Police Regional Office 10 and the Cagayan de Oro City Price Coordinating Council.
Based on NFA Circular No. OCS-2018-J-01, the SRPs for local and imported rice are as follows:
– Regular Milled Rice (Local) – P39/kilo; WHITE LABEL
– Well-Milled Rice (Local) – P44/kilo; WHITE LABEL
– Premium Rice (Local) – P47/kilo; YELLOW LABEL
– Well-Milled Rice (Imported) – P39/kilo; WHITE LABEL
– Premium Rice (Imported) – P43/kilo; YELLOW LABEL
There is no SRP on Special Rice and Corn.
– Special Rice – no SRP; BLUE LABEL
– Corn – no SRP; GREEN LABEL
Download full details HERE.
Watch this short clip below.