The Provincial Government of Misamis Oriental will be earmarking P159 million to upgrade existing tourist spots and develop new sites in the province.
Among the tourism sites included in the project are:
- Sagpulon Falls in Jasaan – construction of open and close cottages, other additional amenities
- Board and Jump-off Point to Agutayan Reef in Jasaan
- Upgrading of Alibuag Cold Spring in Medina
- Alibuag Beach Resort in Sugbongcogon – additional cottages
- Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine in Binuangan – new swimming pool near the shrine
- Bolyok Spring in Naawan
- Mahangob Falls in Naawan
- Promotion of Bibingka in Manticao – packaging and marketing
The province will be hosting the 2018 National Convention of the Association of Tourism Officers of the Philippines (ATOP) on October 3-6, 2018. Read link below.
More details at Philippine News Agency below.