The Cagayan de Oro Water District (COWD) will install clustered faucets for the public while rehabilitation and recovery works for the affected production wells are in progress.
This latest advisory was posted in its official Facebook page. Read the text full text below
DECEMBER 23, 2017
In order to provide public access to water, COWD shall install clustered faucets in designated areas. The extraction points are the following:
• Tomas Saco–15th
• Pabayo-Dolores Sts.
• Lapasan Brgy. Hall
• Kauswagan H-way (across Savemore, beside McDonalds)
Water tanks or bladders shall also be installed in the following areas:
• Macasandig Brgy. Hall- already installed
• Nazareth Brgy. Hall –already installed
• Macabalan Brgy. Hall –for installation today
• Puntod Brgy. Hall –for installation today
• Camaman-an Brgy. Hall- for installation
• Aluba Brgy. Hall – for installation
Water delivery will continue to be facilitated to the evacuation centers, hospitals and other waterless areas through the COWD tankers, BFP firetrucks and volunteer firetrucks. Extraction points for this purpose are:
• Along Sta. Cecilia Subdivision in Gusa
• Along CUMC in Gusa
Water from COWD sources is safe, however, contamination may happen due to improper handling and storage. We therefore advice to BOIL WATER FOR DRINKING PURPOSES.
Please be assured all efforts will be taken to restore normal water supply the soonest possible time.