Some roads in Cagayan de Oro City particularly in the vicinity of City Hall and Gaston Park will be closed starting at 7:00pm this Friday, December 1, 2017 with the formal launching and switching on of the first ever City-owned Symphony of Lights.
The roads to be closed are as follows:
- Capistrano St. – bounded by Toribio Chaves St. and Gaerlan St.
- Gaerlan St. – bounded by Rizal St. and Vamenta Blvd.
- Fernandez St. – bounded by Tiano Bros. St. and Capistrano St.
As shown in the map below, Ysalina Bridge will be temporary closed from 6:00pm to 11:00pm.
With the closure of Ysalina Bridge, a temporary rerouting of PUJs and other vehicles will be implemented as shown in the map below.
- As presented, all PUVs and Private Vehicles from Carmen area upon reaching Vamenta Blvd. are temporarily rerouted to pass via the J.R. Borja Bridge towards the Poblacion area and beyond.
- All PUVs and Private Vehicles from Up-town area upon reaching Masterson Avenue are temporarily rerouted to pass via the Kagay-an towards the Poblacion area and beyond.
- All PUVs and Private Vehicles from Poblacion area upon reaching either Capistrano St., Hayes St. and Fernandez St. are rerouted to pass towards Velez St., then Rodelsa Circle, then Kagay-an Bridge towards the Carmen area and beyond.
TEMPORARY NO PARKING ZONES
The area where the launching of Symphony of Lights will be conducted shall be declared as temporary No Parking for all types of vehicle, except on the designated areas for parking as designated by the RTA.
Private motorists are advised to take any passable road in the city, as well as to possibly take the farthest route to avoid the traffic gridlock while the launching is going on.
RESUMPTION OF NORMAL VEHICULAR TRAFFIC
Resumption of normal traffic routes will be implemented immediately after the activities.
In case of any emergency and traffic-related concerns, you can call RTA hotlines: (088) 858-2841 and 0906-9641092.