Schools open in a couple of weeks and its just proper to prepare early for notebooks, bags, lunch boxes, pens, pencils, paper, shoes, uniforms and other student necessities. Good news! Here’s your chance to buy these items at a discounted price as the Department of Trade and Industry – Misamis Oriental Provincial Office (DTI-MOR), in partnership with the Local Government Unit of Cagayan de Oro will be opening for the public a DISKWENTO CARAVAN – BALIK-ESKWELA EDITION this May 31-June 1, 2017 (Wednesday and Thursday), 8:00am – 6:00pm at City Hall Grounds.
Around 26 companies have signified to participate in the event offering variety of basic goods, back to school items and assorted-for-sale-products at discounted rates and prices.
Among the suppliers are:
- ACS Manufacturing Corporation
- Beehive Distribution
- Butuan Good Year Enterprises
- Darling Food Products
- Northern Mindanao Federation of Dairy Cooperatives (Highland Fresh)
- Universal Robina Corporation/Kianen Trading
- Limketkai Manufacturing Corporation
- Lucky Precium Trading (NOVO)
- Pelonio’s Farm
- Robinsons Department Store
- Rose Pharmacy Inc.
- Rustan’s Supercenter Inc. – Shopwise
- SLERS Industries Inc.
- SM Supermarket
- Solar Industries (Champ/Racini Bags & Luggage)
- The Life Giving Product (MANHU)
- G-Store Corporation (Meat Up)
- Virginia Foods Inc.
- Yoyong Lechon
- Nature’s Spring
- Golden Nutritious Foods Corp. (Golden Oats)
- Julie’s Bakeshop
With the number of suppliers joining, the public is assured of unique premium offers on grocery items (buy one take one, freebie or give-away items) or deep discount slashes ranging from 10-50% off for dry goods and other basic and prime commodities at their picking, such as:
- RTWs : school uniforms, basic apparel (bags, shoes, slippers, towels, pants, shirts)
- DRY GOODS : school, office, home supplies, (tissues, pads, diapers, bath and detergent soaps)
- GROCERIES : basic and prime commodities (canned goods, noodles, rice, bread, juice, coffee, cooking oil, processed fish and meat, condiments, milk, hotdogs, water)
Sa DISKWENTO, MAMIMILI ang Panalo; thus, the public is urged to avail themselves of the affordable quality items at the Caravan.
The Diskwento Caravan, a flagship project of DTI, is conducted in the different regions across the country to provide very affordable and quality goods and products to Filipino consumers. In 2008 the first DISKWENTO CARAVAN was launched as a non-wage benefit for minimum wage earners and employees at the start of classes. Later on, several other editions of the DISKWENTO such as Food, Balik-Eskwela and Holiday Caravans have evolved to cater to the needs of consumers and ease their financial burdens.