Another runner from Bukidnon ran barefoot but still managed to win the gold in the secondary girls’ 1,500 meters in the ongoing 2017 Palarong Pambansa at the Binirayan Sports Complex in San Jose, Antique.
Camila Tubiano clocked 4:43.17 to give Northern Mindanao its 3rd gold in secondary girls’ athletics. Tubiano’s feet were wrapped in plaster as she duplicated compatriot Jay Ann Labasano’s win at 3,000 meters.
As of 8:44pm April 27, 2017, Northern Mindanao now has 15 golds, 14 silvers and 29 bronze medals, good for 7th place after 4 days of competition.
Other latest gold medalists for NorMin are as follows:
- Team – Sepak Takraw Elem. Boys
- Rona Bacus – Elem. Girls Triple Jump
- Elisha Canios – Elem. Girls Taekwondo Kyurogi 120-128
- Charisse Grace Esclamado – Elem. Girls Taekwondo Kyurogi 160-168
- Johary Maunting – Elem. Boys Taekwondo Kyurogi 136-144