Good news! The sun is now up and the tropical cyclone warning signal in Misamis Oriental has been lifted. In PAG-ASA’s latest advisory released at 8:00am today, TD Auring is now in the vicinity of Talibon, Bohol as it moves across Visayas.
Read full advisory below.
SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN #14
FOR: TROPICAL DEPRESSION “#AuringPH“
TROPICAL CYCLONE: WARNING
ISSUED AT 8:00 AM, 09 January 2017
(Valid for broadcast until the next bulletin to be issued at 11 AM today)
TROPICAL DEPRESSION “AURING” HAS MADE ITS SECOND LANDFALL OVER UBAY, BOHOL.
• Estimated rainfall amount is from moderate to heavy within 300 km diameter of the Tropical Depression.
• Residents of areas with TCWS #1 and over the rest of Visayas are alerted against possible flash floods and landslides.
• Fisherfolks and those with small seacrafts are advised not to venture out over the eastern seaboard of Visayas and of Mindanao.
• Possible landfall over Cebu this midday.
Location of eye/center: At 7:00 AM today, the center of Tropical Depression “AURING” was estimated based on all available data in the vicinity of Talibon, Bohol or at 40 km Southeast of Mactan, Cebu (10.1°N, 124.3°E).
Strength: Maximum winds of up to 45 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 75 kph.
Forecast Movement: Forecast to move West at 9 kph.
• 24 Hour(Tomorrow morning): 65 km South Southwest of Iloilo city, Iloilo(10.2°N, 122.3°E)
• 48 Hour(Wednesday morning):85 km East Northeast of Puerto Princesa City, Palawan(10.1°N, 119.4°E)
• 72 Hour(Thursday morning): 225 km Southeast of Pagasa Island, Palawan(9.4°N, 115.3°E)
• 96 Hour(Friday morning):335 km South Southwest of Pagasa Island, Palawan (OUTSIDE PAR)(8.4°N, 112.6°E)
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING SIGNAL
TCWS 1 (30-60 kph Expected in 36 hours):
Luzon: Cuyo Island
Visayas: Bohol, Siquijor, Negros Provinces, Southern Leyte, Cebu including Camotes Island, Guimaras, Capiz, Iloilo and Southern part of Antique
Impacts of the wind
• Very light or no damage to low risk structures,
• Light damage to medium to high risk structures
• Slight damage to some houses of very light materials or makeshift structures in exposed communities. Some banana plants are tilted, a few downed and leaves are generally damaged
• Twigs of small trees may be broken.
• Rice crops, however, may suffer significant damage when it is in its flowering stage.
Wave Height: (Open Sea) 1.25-4.0 meters
The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next weather bulletin to be issued at 11 AM today.