Tropical Depression Auring has slightly weakened after making landfall over Siargao and based on the latest PAG-ASA Advisory released 11:00pm tonight, its new track is avoiding Cagayan de Oro and Misamis Oriental but still, Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 1 is up over the province.
As of posting, the city is still experiencing light rain every now and then. Read latest PAG-ASA Advisory below.
SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN No. 11
FOR: TROPICAL DEPRESSION “#AuringPH“
TROPICAL CYCLONE: WARNING
ISSUED AT 11:00 PM, 08 January 2017
(Valid for broadcast until the next bulletin to be issued at 5 AM tomorrow)
TROPICAL DEPRESSION “AURING” HAS MAINTAINED ITS STRENGTH WHILE TRAVERSING MINDANAO/BOHOL SEA.
• Estimated rainfall amount is from moderate to heavy within 300 km diameter of the Tropical Depression.
• Residents of areas with TCWS #1 and over the rest of Eastern and Central Visayas are alerted against possible flash floods and landslides.
• Fisherfolks and those with small seacrafts are advised not to venture out over the eastern seaboard of Visayas and of Mindanao.
Location of eye/center: At 10:00 PM today, the center of Tropical Depression “AURING” was estimated based on all available data at 35 km West Southwest of Surigao City, Surigao del Norte(09.7°N, 125.2°E).
Strength: Maximum winds of up to 45 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 75 kph.
Forecast Movement: Forecast to move West Northwest at 07 kph.
• 24 Hour( Tomorrow evening): In the vicinity of Barili, Cebu(10.1°N, 123.5°E)
• 48 Hour(Tuesday evening):175 km East of Puerto Princesa City, Palawan(9.9°N, 120.3°E)
• 72 Hour(Wednesday evening): 180 km East of Pagasa Island, Palawan(10.8°N, 115.7°E)
• 96 Hour(Thursday evening):180 km West of Pagasa Island, Palawan (OUTSIDE PAR)(11.3°N, 112.5°E)
Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 1
(30-60 kph Expected in 36 hours)
LUZON: Cuyo Island
VISAYAS: Bohol, Siquijor, Negros Provinces, Southern Leyte, Cebu including Camotes Island, Guimaras, Iloilo and Southern part of Antique.
MINDANAO: Agusan del Norte, Surigao del Norte including Siargao Island, Dinagat Province, Misamis Oriental, and Camiguin
Impacts of the wind
• Very light or no damage to low risk structures,
• Light damage to medium to high risk structures
• Slight damage to some houses of very light materials or makeshift structures in exposed communities. Some banana plants are tilted, a few downed and leaves are generally damaged
• Twigs of small trees may be broken.
• Rice crops, however, may suffer significant damage when it is in its flowering stage.
Wave Height: (Open Sea) 1.25-4.0 meters
The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next weather bulletin to be issued at 2 AM tomorrow.