Cagayan de Oro City and Misamis Oriental are now placed under Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 1 based on the latest Severe Weather Bulletin from PAG-ASA as of 5:00pm today, January 7, 2017 as Tropical Depression Auring slightly intensified but moving slowly west northwest.
The weather disturbance was located some 185 kilometers East of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur as of 4:00pm. See updated track below.
See latest PAG-ASA Advisory below.
SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN #2
FOR: TROPICAL DEPRESSION “AURING”
TROPICAL CYCLONE: WARNING
ISSUED AT 5:00 PM, 07 January 2017
TROPICAL DEPRESSION “AURING” HAS SLIGHTLY INTENSIFIED AS IT CONTINUES TO MOVE IN A WEST NORTHWEST DIRECTION
• Estimated rainfall amount is from moderate to heavy within 300 km diameter of the Tropical Depression.
• Residents of areas with TCWS #1 and over the rest of Davao Region and of Northern Mindanao are alerted against possible flash floods and landslides.
• Expected to make landfall over Surigao Provinces between Sunday evening until Monday early morning.
• Fisherfolks and those with small seacrafts are advised not to venture out over the eastern seaboard of Mindanao.
Location of eye/center: At 4:00 PM today, the center of Tropical Depression “AURING” was estimated based on all available data at 185 km East of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur (08.1°N, 128.0°E).
Strength: Maximum winds of up to 55 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 70 kph.
Forecast Movement: Forecast to move West Northwest at 7 kph.
• 24 Hour( Tomorrow afternoon): 85 km East Northeast of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur(8.7°N, 127.0°E)
• 48 Hour(Monday afternoon):In the vicinity of Masao, Butuan City(9°N, 125.5°E)
• 72 Hour(Tuesday afternoon): 145 km West of Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental(9.3°N, 122.0°E)
• 96 Hour(Wednesday afternoon):50 km Northwest of Puerto Princesa City, Palawan(10.0°N, 118.4°E)
• 120 Hour(Thursday afternoon):65 km South Southwest of Pagasa Island, Palawan (OUTSIDE PAR)(10.5°N, 113.8°E)
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING SIGNAL:
TCWS #1(30-60 kph Expected in 36 hours)
Mindanao: Agusan del Sur, Agusan del Norte, Surigao del Sur, Surigao del Norte, Dinagat Province, Misamis Oriental, Camiguin, Davao del Norte, and Compostela Valley
Impacts of the wind:
•Very light or no damage to low risk structures,
•Light damage to medium to high risk structures
•Slight damage to some houses of very light materials or makeshift structures in exposed communities. Some banana plants are tilted, a few downed and leaves are generally damaged
•Twigs of small trees may be broken.
•Rice crops, however, may suffer significant damage when it is in its flowering stage.
Wave Height: (Open Sea) 1.25-4.0 meters.
The public and the Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next weather bulletin to be issued at 11PM today.
Keep safe everyone.