So what’s in store for 2017? The most obvious is the much-awaited opening of SM CDO Downtown Premier. Next year brings a lot of promise as several development rumors are already cropping up lately.
Meanwhile, browse our list below. We start off with those already in progress.
1. SM CDO Downtown Premier – except for the traffic it will bring, everyone is excited for SM’s second mall in Cagayan de Oro when it opens some time in July 2017 especially shopaholics rooting for Forever 21.
2. Seven Seas Waterpark and Resort – the initial target opening was this year but the water-themed resort will eventually open its doors to the public next year.
3. Avida Aspira Tower 1 topping off – at the rate, the soon-to-be tallest building in the city could top off late 2017. The 29-storey condominium towers above all other buildings when completed.
4. New Dawn Pension Plus topping off – with only less than two floors left in the vertical construction, it’s a given that the hotel project will top off in January or perhaps February the latest.
5. The Loop North Tower – with full blast construction, the first high-rise condominium at Limketkai Center might surpass Limketkai Luxe Hotel as the tallest in the complex at the end of 2017.
6. MesaVerte Residences rising – with initial vertical works now underway, the three towers are expected to rise steadily next year.
7. Primavera City – vertical works to continue in 2017 for Phase 1 development.
8. CityMall Bulua opening – the Bulua branch is set for a mid-2017 opening.
9. New USTSP Logo – it is expected the new university logo will be installed next year. The Student Center & Education Complex is also set for completion in 2017.
10. CDO Food Park – the city’s first container dining destination is set for a first quarter opening.
11. Indoor Go Kart Center – expected to open sometime in February 2017.
12. Gaisano developments – the homegrown company is reportedly on a property buying spree. Expect buildings to rise along Serina Street and at the lot beside Nazareno Church.
13. Ororama developments – homegrown Ororama is expected to open its newly expanded store in Cogon and then continue its re-construction of its branch fronting Carmen Public Market.
14. Balulang-Macasandig Bridge – expect significant progress on the bridge project next year
15. Bonbon-Macabalan Bridge – if the right-of-way issues are resolved, the bridge project might take-off next year.
16. Pryce Plaza – if the rumors are confirmed, a new company would manage the landmark hotel overlooking the city. Perhaps, some major renovations would occur before it re-opens. Also, it might have a new name.
17. More BPOs – a top BPO firm will occupy SM’s BPO Tower
18. More 7-Eleven stores – the convenience store chain is expected to further expand its presence next year
19. Cagayan de Oro – Clark flights – it was already announced the start of flights next year. This means, closer to Subic, Angeles and even Baguio…
20. Ecoverde Sierra – expect start of construction of the Indahag property next year. LINK
21. Sunberry Homes – Cebu-based Contempo Property Holdings Inc. (CPHI) has already announced it will launch its low-cost housing brand in CDO next year.
22. Tuscania Towers – the ground breaking was held this year, expect significant development next year.
23. Bria Flats – continuing progress of ongoing development in Kauswagan.
24. Coastal Road Project – if the government can solve the relocation of affected families in the Tabaco area (see map below), then perhaps, wishful thinking, motorists can start travel directly from Opol to Gusa thru the Coastal Road project before 2017 ends.
25. ACE Medical Center – accordingly, 2016 was year of securing permits and clearances; hopefully, 2017 will be the year of construction.
26. St Francis Doctor’s Hospital and Medical Center – will the medical facility take off next year?
27. Coastal Road properties development – expect major developments of properties along the coastal road (Igpit-Kauswagan Section) next year.
28. More restaurants, new openings, new construction and road openings…. 2017 brings hope and prosperity.
29. Alveo – perhaps more details will be released for its 100-hectare development in Tablon.
30. Megaworld – what will they do with the 260-hectare property (Mountain Meadows) in Upper Gusa?
31. Community Fish Landing Center – the facility is set to rise in Bonbon.