Students enrolled in the undergraduate programs of all state universities and colleges (SUC) including five (5) in Northern Mindanao will not probably pay tuition anymore next year. This after the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) recently got an additional P8.3-billion funding from Congress.
However, implementing guidelines are yet to be formulated. In Northern Mindanao, there are five SUCs.
- Bukidnon State University (BSU) in Malaybalay City
- Camiguin Polytechnic State College (CPSC) in Mambajao, Camiguin
- Central Mindanao University (CMU) in Maramag, Bukidnon
- University of Science and Technology in Southern Philippines (USTSP) in Cagayan de Oro City and Claveria, Misamis Oriental
- Northwestern Mindanao State College of Science and Technology (NMSC) in Tangub City
By the way, the former Mindanao University of Science and Technology (MUST) and Claveria-based Misamis Oriental State College of Agriculture and Technology (MOSCAT) were amalgamated into USTSP by virtue of RA 10919. (LINK)
More details HERE.