While the roads in Cagayan de Oro’s densely populated city proper remain congested causing worsening traffic, the government has already started undertaking implementing expansion and opening of the city’s road networks in the outlying areas. This was disclosed by City Promotions and Investments Officer Eileen San Juan during a recent business forum. SOURCE
Below are some of the road and bridge projects currently underway.
- Opol-Canitoan Road (The Opol-Canitoan Road will connect the city’s western barangay to Opol’s southern area)
- Canitoan-Bulua Road (A new straight road is set to be opened from Macapagal Drive-PN Roa Sr. Avenue junction to Bulua)
- Cagayan de Oro-Laguindingan Highway (Expansion has been ongoing)
- Iligan-Cagayan de Oro-Bukidnon Lateral Highway (Ongoing project in the hinterlands)
- Mapawa-FS-Catanico Road
- Balubal-Pueblo Road
- Lumbia-Pagatpat Road (Ongoing – see photo above)
- Macabalan-Bonbon Bridge (Ongoing)
- Balulang-Macasandig Bridge (Ongoing)
Meanwhile, San Juan also announced that in the pipeline is the JR Borja Extension Road project as well as the Puerto-Claveria bypass Road, the Puerto-Carmen Hill Diversion Road and a road connecting Barangays Dansolihon and Tignapoloan, the city’s most remote villages.
The JR Borja Extension Road project is the most anticipated as it will provide a parallel highway to the existing national highway. We have sources which state survey of this road project had already been conducted and we’ll know for sure when the project finally takes off.