It’s final. The old Lumbia Airport has been identified as among five (5) military installations in the country where the Americans can build facilities under the Enhanced Defense Agreement Cooperation (EDCA). This was agreed during the sixth Bilateral Strategic Dialogue in Washington DC.
The five are:
- Antonio Bautista Air Base in Puerto Princesa, Palawan
- Basa Air Base in Floridablanca, Pampanga
- Fort Magsaysay in Nueva Ecija
- Lumbia Air Base in Cagayan de Oro
- Mactan-Benito Ebuen Air Base in Mactan
Read more HERE.
photo by mm17