Cagayan de Oro City is set to make history next month as RAFTHON, the world’s first raft-bike-run adrenaline challenge, will finally unfold.
A parallel event of this year’s Higalaay Festival, RAFTHON is a culmination of an idea hatched at making the city’s famed whitewater rafting more popular than ever. With numerous fun runs also taking place in the city, the concept of combining rafting and running eventually came about. They added the biking part patterned after the triathlon. View the race mechanics HERE.
Unlike any other adventure race, Rafthon Challenge is a team event with 6 members per team for a race that will cover 14 kilometers of whitewater rafting, 35 kilometers of biking and 10 kilometers of running. Team members should foster the higalaay spirit – the value of friendship and cooperation, in order to make headway during the race and better chances of winning. But overall, it’s the experience of fun and excitement.
Watch the teaser video below.
See the race challenge route below. Click the image for larger view.
Registration for The Rafthon Challenge (Raft + Bike + Run) is Php 3,500 each or P21,000 per team. Inclusions of each member are as follows:
- Raft and Equipment Rentals
- Transportation from City to Race Site
- Jersey, Race Bib and Timing Chip
- Souvenir Program Magazine
- Logo included in the Website and FB page
- One Group Picture on Raft and Photo wall
- One Individual Picture at the Finish Line
- Certificate of Participation from the City
- Finishers Medal
- Orientation Night Dinner Pass
- Awarding Day Merienda Pass
- Higalaay Festival Countdown Pass (fellowship)
- Loot Bag with Freebies
For those interested, check out the graphic below on how to register.