Lucas Hall is one of the oldest buildings of Xavier University in Cagayan de Oro City.

It was named after Fr. Joseph Lucas, SJ, who was Director from 1933-1934. Fr. Lucas was also a Pastor and Superior of Northern Mindanao missions. (SOURCE)


The building is facing north and is currently joined by two wings:  Xavier Hall on the west, and Campion Hall on the east.IMG_4998  IMG_5000

Directly fronting Lucas Hall is a garden with a monument of Jesuit founder St. Ignatius of Loyola.


XU students often joke about the”missing sword” of the statue.


In early years, this garden was open and without shade. Now, the planted palm trees are now tall and provide shade.

IMG_5006 IMG_5007

Up to now, classes are still being held at Lucas Hall during the school year.

Facebook Comments