An article has cited the town of Villanueva in Misamis Oriental as among the the fastest growing local economies in the Philippines. It has become a magnet of investments in this part of Mindanao.
It hosts Mindanao’s most modern power generating facility by STEAG State Power Inc. Other large multinational firms who have established in Villanueva include:
- Coca-Cola – the most advanced manufacturing plant in Mindanao
- San Miguel’s B-Meg – feeds production
- US-affiliated Cargill Philippines Inc. – expansion of operations
- Yan-Yan Foods Int’l. and Amley Foods Corp. – manufacturing plants
- Phoenix – largest second depot in Mindanao
- National Grid Corp. of the Philippines – modern substation
Another huge investment, Filinvest’s P3-billion coal-fired power plant is also set to break ground in Villanueva before yearend.
Read the article HERE.