In 1912, Fr. Arnalot, a Spanish Jesuit, invited the Sisters of the Compania de la Virgen Maria, the first indigenous congregation for women in the country, to teach in a parochial school in Cagayan de Misamis (now Cagayan de Oro). The Sisters taught the parish kindergarten and catechism classes. Later, the Sisters opened a dormitory for girls, named Santa Teresita Dormitory.
Read more HERE.
photo by junel d. ares from kagay-an kaniadto