The city’s Traffic Management Board (TMB) headed by City Councilor Alden Bacal has agreed to the proposal of a traffic re-routing scheme in preparation for the opening of Ayala’s Centrio Mall late this year.
The said plan intends to ease the traffic expected in the vicinity of the mall once it opens. Per recommendation by the Roads and Traffic Administration (RTA), the new re-routing scheme for public utility vehicles will be implemented in a month. Below is the intended new traffic scheme:
- One-Way Traffic along Corrales Avenue from Antonio Luna towards Baculio Street (northbound)
- One-Way Traffic along Capt. Vicente Roa St. from CM Recto Avenue towards Antonio Luna Street (southbound)
- Two-Way Traffic along Osmeña Street
- Two-Way Traffic along Antonio Luna Street
- No Parking along certain stretch of Corrales Avenue, Capt. Vicente Roa and Antonio Luna Streets.
Jeepney routes affected include Pier-Macabalan-RB, Tagoloan, Puerto-Bugo.