LINSID ANGELOU ABSIN TAPONGOT of Xavier University led twelve (12) nursing graduates from Cagayan de Oro City schools in the Top 10 of the Nurse Licensure Examination given by the Board of Nursing in the cities of Manila, Baguio, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Dagupan, Davao, Iloilo, La Union, Legazpi, Lucena, Nueva Ecija, Pagadian, Pampanga, Tacloban, Tuguegarao and Zamboanga last December 2011.
Overall, ten of the topnotchers are from Xavier University and one each from Liceo de Cagayan University and Capitol University. Tapongot scored 86.00 to place 2nd among 22,760 out of 67,095 who passed the board exam. The other CDO topnotchers are:
- RALPH RYAN VILLAFRANCA DE LA ROSA – XU 85.20 (tied 4th place),
- MARK RAY ALUK ESPINOZA – XU 84.80 (tied for 6th place),
- NEIL DY OBSIOMA – XU 84.60 (tied for 7th),
- VINCENT JERVEN ESTOSE BARIMBAO – XU 84.40 (tied for 8th)
- MELANIE GRACE SIA GO – XU 84.40 (tied for 8th),
- MARTINA AUREA MALFERRARI JUGADOR – XU 84.40 (tied for 8th),
- CARREN AGNES HONRADA SOLIDOR – XU 84.40 (tied for 8th),
- EMMAN JUNE PAHINTE RUBIN – LICEO DE CAGAYAN UNIVERSITY 84.20 (tied for 9th),
- AGA AÑOS SIBAL CAPITOL UNIVERSITY (for.CAGAYAN CAPITOL COLL.) 84.20 (tied for 9th)
- MARIEL KRIS ALCANTARA RAEL – XU 84.00 (tied for 10th) and
- RAIZA MAE GORDIEL RODRIGUEZ – XU 84.00 (tied for 10th)
Xavier University also placed 7th among top performing schools based on the result of the exam. Congratulations.