Congestion at Cagayan de Oro’s Lumbia Airport is very much evident as shown in the photos (by HabagatCentral.com).
The 5th busiest airport in the country in 2010 according to passenger movement, and 4th busiest according to cargo movement (SOURCE), has at least 23 flights daily from Manila, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Zamboanga and Tagbilaran, and vice-versa.
A flight summary is shown below.
- 14 flights Daily to/from Manila *15 flights daily effective December 16, 2011
- 05 flights Daily to/from Cebu
- 11 flights Weekly to/from Davao
- 03 flights Weekly to/from Iloilo
- 03 flights Weekly to/from Zamboanga *5 flights weekly effective January 19, 2012
- 02 flights Weekly to/from Tagbilaran *effective December 22, 2011
Arrival Schedule below. Click image for larger view.
Although the new passenger terminal of Laguindingan Airport will offer some relief, the surge in passenger traffic will necessitate its expansion sooner than expected. The new airport is located some 30 kilometers north-northwest of Cagayan de Oro and is expected to be operational by late 2012.