The priority accorded to research by the presidency of Dr. Mariano M. Lerin of Liceo de Cagayan University resulted to the university’s outstanding performance when it bested 32 colleges and universities in the best oral and poster research presentation category, garnering 17 total points from 2 platinum, 4 gold, and 3 silver awards in the recently concluded 7th National Research Conference sponsored by the Philippine Association of Institutions for Research held at Pearlmont Inn, Limketkai Drive, Cagayan de Oro City.
The event was hosted by Liceo de Cagayan University, Xavier University, and Capitol University.
Liceo’s championship was propelled by platinum winners Dennis Coronel and Wilson Tablan; Evangeline Cabe, Ian Kit Nehemiah Dap-og, Dr. Andrew P. Ponte and Ms. Aurora Cindy Agno, and Dr. Lesley Lubos for gold; Richie Grace M. Lago, Dr. Aster Daan, and Salvador de la Peña III for silver.
In the second place is Capitol University with 11 points (3platinum, and 1 gold). Third is Bukidnon State University, with 3 gold and 3 silver (9 points). The fourth spot is a tie between Cebu Normal University (1 platinum, 2 gold, 1 silver) and Mindanao University of Science and Technology (2 platinum and 1 gold) with 8 points. The fifth place went to Holy Cross of Davao College with 2 platinum (6 pts); the sixth was achieved by Saint Mary’s University with 1 platinum and 1 gold (5 pts) while the seventh place was attained by John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University with 1 platinum and 1 silver (4 pts) and the University of Northern Philippine with 1Platinum and 1 silver.
Five other universities obtained platinum awards: University of the Cordilleras, Xavier University, University of Bohol, Holy Name University, and Universidad de Zamboanga.
List of Winners
A. Oral Research Presentation
- Dennis Coronel. “Of War and the Sexes: Women’s approaches to solving sexual and gender-based violence during displacement caused by armedconflict”
- Wilson Tablan. “Flexural strength concrete beams containing Twined Coconut Fibers”
- Evangline Cabe. “Management of Student Services: a basis for development planning”
Ian Kit Nehemiah M. Dap-og. “Kinetic parameters estimation of wastewater treatment system of a food manufacturing plant in Cagayan de Oro City”
- Dr. Andrew P. Ponte and Ms. Aurora Cindy Agno. “INTERACTIVE COURSEWARE: A model”
- Richie Grace M. Lago. “Solid waste management system need of a suburban community.”
- Dr. Aster Daan. “ Implementation of corporate social responsibilities in selected manufacturing industries in Cagayan de Oro City.”
- Salvador de la Peña III. “ Analysis of Errors in the essays written by: Math, Science and Engineering faculty of Liceo De Cagayan University.”
B. Poster Research Presentation
- Dr. Lesley C. Lubos. “Taxonomy and morphology of genus drynaria found in Bukidnon.”
PHOTO: Gallery of Winners Seated from left to right: Dr. Andrew P. Ponte, Dr. Lesley C. Lubos, Mr. Dennis Coronel. Standing from left to right: Mr. Salvador dela Peña III, Mrs. Evangeline Cabe, Dr. Aster Daan, Ms. Aurora Cindy Agno, Engr. Richie Lago, Engr. Ian kit Dap-og, and Engr. Wilson Tablan.