The City of Golden Friendship once again will host a major event with the holding of the 12th Human Resource Mindanao Summit on July 9 to 10 at the Atrium of Limketkai Mall.
People Management Association of the Philippines (PMAP) Cagayan de Oro Chapter President Panfilo I. Paracuelles is this year’s Summit chair, with Immediate Past President Liezl A. Deloso, as co-chair. Keynote speaker is PMAP National President Jimmy M. Isidro, FPM.
The Summit will update human resource managers, non-human resource practitioners and HR students on the latest trends in people management. This year’s theme is “Investing in People for a Sustainable National Development”.
The Summit is expected to become an opportunity for the people managers to renew acquaintances, meet people important to their businesses and create new synergies, allowing them to share their best practices, experiences, new approaches and discuss common concerns of the industry.
Highlighting the Summit is the workshop on “Four Laws of Ecology, as Applied in Human Resource Management” and a fellowship with Joey Ayala of the Bagong Lumad Artists Foundation, evening of July 9.
The two-day Summit shall have the following topics:
- Values Enhancement in the Workplace by Abba’s Orchard President Christopher N. Barrameda
- Critical Issues & Challenges in Talent Management by PMAP National Executive Director Gerardo A. Plana, FPM
- Best Practices For Personnel Program by Shakey’s HR Manager Leo Gellor;
- CSR: HR’s Business for Social Change by Chapter Past President Adrian C. Pabayo;
- Good Governance: People Driven Strategy by NLRC Commissioner Proculo T. Sarmen;
- HR Trends and Best Practices in People Management by Director John Philip S. Orbeta of Ayala Corporation; and
- HR Practitioners and the Government: A Strategic Partnership by Regional Labor Director Allan M. Macaraya.
The moderators are Past Presidents Rosario G. Palingcod, Rainier P. Rañopa and Liezl A. Deloso; Secretary Priscilla C. Capitan, Director Carmencita D. Janubas and Chapter Vice President Dulce D. Esperon.
with article by Joel Felicilda of Business Week Mindanao