The city government of Cagayan de Oro is fast tracking the construction of five major drainage system projects worth P14,162,559.05 million.
City Mayor Constantino G. Jaraula ordered the city’s engineering division and other concerned department heads to fast-track the construction in order to address the inadequate drainage system which greatly contributed to the overflowing of drainage and open canals along the main thoroughfare of the city, particularly at Divisoria area and other low-lying areas of this frontier city of Northern Mindanao region.
These on-going constructions are:
- construction of drainage along T. Neri Street from Burgos Street to Capistrano Street (Phase 1) amounting over P2.20 million;
- drainage along T. Neri Street from Capistrano Street to Apolinar Velez Street (Phase 2) at P1,408,068.14;
- drainage along T. Neri Street from Apolinar Velez Street to Corrales Street (Phase 3) totaling P1,287,348.48 million;
- drainage system along Hayes Street from Corrales Street to City Hall with a project cost of more than P4.57 million and
- drainage system along Yacapin Street from Corrales Street towards Cagayan de Oro River amounting to more than P4.68 million.
The city government is also allocating P5 million for massive tree planting program around the city as part of intensified reforestation and greening project.
Mayor Jaraula ordered the City Budget Office and the City Treasurer’s Office to set aside the P5 million allocation for the project. (PNA)