The REGISTER & VOTE BUS makes its pit stop in Cagayan de Oro City on July 31, 2009. Leading the Register & Vote campaign are public servants and reform advocates Sen. Kiko Pangilinan, Naga City Mayor Jesse Robredo, Akbayan Rep. Risa Hontiveros, former Bukidnon Rep. Neric Acosta, youth leader and social entrepreneur Bam Aquino, and author Alex Lacson. It is also joined by Isabela Governor Grace Padaca, Ifugao Governor Teddy Baguilat, Misamis Oriental Governor Oca Moreno, and San Fernando, Pampanga Mayor Oca Rodriguez.
The RV campaign is also supported by various youth groups, led by YouthVotePhilippines, First Time Voters Project, and Ayala Young Leaders Alliance.
The REGISTER & VOTE (RV) CAMPAIGN aims to empower up to nine million first-time Filipino voters through voter registration, as their first step to political empowerment and civic participation.
The REGISTER & VOTE (RV) CAMPAIGN is Kilos Ko Foundation’s flagship project for 2009. KILOS KO FOUNDATION, INC. is driven by the vision of a Philippine citizenry that is invigorated by inspiring, ethical leadership and motivated to engage in civic and political processes. A non-profit organization, it aims to inspire Filipinos from different sectors and geographic locations to move for positive change through online and offline collaboration, knowledge sharing and information exchange, capacity-building, and public information and advocacy.
Specifically, the Foundation aims to achieve the following objectives:
• To develop public information and advocacy campaigns that inspire Filipinos to become actively engaged in civic and political processes;
• To encourage Filipinos from different sectors and geographic locations to become active in civic life by providing them with online and offline tools for collaboration and support;
• To arm Filipinos with current, accurate, and relevant information that will help them make better choices and decisions regarding programs, initiatives, institutions, and leaders to support;
• To facilitate knowledge sharing, information exchange, and capacity-building for civic engagement through workshops, online conferences, fora, and other similar activities; and
• To encourage Filipino citizens to actively support inspiring, ethical leadership for sustainable progress and long-term development in the Philippines.